Energy Star® and Quality Construction Features
- Energy Star® qualified low maintenance vinyl clad casement and slider, Low “E” argon gas filled windows with insulated spacer.
- Energy Star® qualified gas forced air 96% high efficiency furnace, power vented to exterior.
- Ductwork sized for future installation of air conditioning system.
- Energy Star® qualified exposed ductwork sealed to increase furnace efficiency and air flow throughout home.
- Energy Star® qualified gas forced rental hot water heater, power vented to exterior.
- Energy Star® qualified rental Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV or HRV).
- Energy Star® qualified R-50 insulation in all attic and roof areas.
- Energy Star® qualified fully insulated garage including upgraded R-31 spray foam insulation on garage ceilings and overhangs with living areas above (excludes block partition wall).
- Energy Star® qualified R-12 wall insulation on exterior basement walls
- Energy Star® qualified digital thermostat.
- Homes are designed to allow for cold air returns installed in all bedrooms, if possible, to create a proper flow of air throughout the home.
- Stronger foundations, 20MPA concrete with 15m rebar at the tops of all foundation walls and heavy duty damp proofing and drainage membrane.
- ⅝” tongue and groove mould resistant aspenite sub-floors, glued, nailed and screwed to joists which help minimize floor noise.
- 2”x6” exterior wall construction with R-22 wall insulation.
- ⅜” plywood sheeting on roof.
- Steel beam construction in basement.
- Back flow preventers.
- Sump Pumps with sealed clear lids and alarms.
- Architecturally designed for maximum curb appeal.
- Quality clay brick and stone with maintenance free vinyl siding on second story sides and back.
- Prefinished maintenance-free aluminum soffits, fascia, eaves-troughs and downpipes.
- Asphalt Driveways with base and finished course of asphalt.
- Sandstone grilled styled windows as per elevation.
- Covered front entries and porches.
- Paneled sectional low-maintenance steel insulated garage door and garage walls drywalled with one coat of tape (excluding block wall), and electrical outlet for future garage door opener.
- 30 year shingles rated for stronger winds.
- Convenient man door from garage to house complete with safety door closure (where grade permits).
- Stone engraved house number.
- Fully sodded lots, concrete steps and precast patio slabs from front door to driveway.
- Two exterior hose bibs; one at rear and one in garage.
- Two waterproof electrical outlets; one at front porch and one at rear.
- Front exterior door equipped with Antique Nickel security deadbolt system.
- Fully stormed and secured window in basement as per plan.
- Two concrete slabs and, if required, concrete steps placed at rear patio door.
- 9’ ceilings on main floor with transom above patio sliders and elongated windows to accommodate extra ceiling height.
- Main level staircase to second floor, in your choice of stains; consists of oak stringers, handrail, bullnose at bottom of stairs and a choice of 3 different spindle styles.
- Half wall capped and trimmed separating Family Room and Dinette.
- California knockdown ceiling finishes throughout house including kitchen.
- Two different interior 800 series triple hinged doors to choose from with Antique Nickel hardware.
- 4 ⅛” colonial style baseboards throughout home.
- 2 ¾” interior casing throughout home.
- All closets are fully-jammed and encased, with wire shelving.
- All operating windows have screens.
- All interior walls are painted with high quality latex paint in your choice of 2 colours from the 12 Builder’s standards.
- All interior doors and trim are painted with semi-gloss cool white colour.
- Full hall ceramics and in kitchen, bathrooms and second floor laundry (as per plan) including marble floor transitions, wide selection of 12”x12” or 13”x13” imported ceramic tile from the Builder’s standard samples.
- Choice of 40 ounce broadloom or Berber with 9mm underpad for finished areas not covered by ceramic tile; maximum of two colour choices
- Stylish selection of standard kitchen cabinets in MDF, Oak or Maple with a wide variety of stain colours.
- Standard height cabinet doors with one bank of drawers.
- Double stainless steel sink with single pull out spray faucet.
- Post formed laminate countertops with your choice of colour, edge profile and finish from standard Builder’s samples.
- Exterior vented white range hood supplied in Kitchen; vented to the exterior.
- Heavy-duty wiring and receptacle for electric stove.
- All electrical receptacles in Kitchen counter are on dedicated circuits.
- Kitchen area features a complete rough-in for dishwasher hook up including electrical connection.
Bathroom and Laundry
- One piece acrylic shower and tub unit in main bathroom.
- Water saver toilets.
- Pedestal sinks in powder room.
- White plumbing fixtures with china sink.
- Quality Moen® faucets for all tubs, showers and sinks.
- Hot and cold shut off values conveniently located under sinks
- Pressure balance temperature control valves on all showers.
- Where a laundry area is located on the second floor, the washer area will have a laundry curb with shower pan and drain.
- Single basin laundry tub.
- Plate mirrors above vanity; full width x 42” high.
- Electrical, drain and water supply for clothes washing machine.
- Heavy duty electrical for clothes dryer.
- Tamper resistant plug outlets throughout home (child safety feature).
- Smoke detectors with strobe light on every floor and in all bedrooms and directly connected to the electrical panel.
- Carbon monoxide/smoke detectors connected directly to the electrical panel.
- Smoke detectors with battery and strobe in each bedroom.
- 100 amp electrical service with circuit breakers and copper wiring. Electrical panel to be labelled.
- Arc Fault Circuit interrupter (AFCI) in all rooms, Decora light switches and matching electrical outlets that are temper resistant throughout home
- Equipped with rough-in for central vacuum system to basement.
- All bathrooms are equipped with a ceiling exhaust; vented to the exterior.
- Ceiling fixtures in all Bedrooms.
- Decorative interior and exterior light fixtures installed.
- Choice of 9 outlet combination in total for telephone, television, high speed internet installed and 1 WFI rough-in
- Security alarm system roughed-in.
- Dead bolt provided on all entrance doors.
- Charley-Bar Sliding glass door safety lock installed on all patio doors.
- All windows installed with locking devise.
- Exterior light fixtures installed at each exterior door.
Homes by John Bruce Robinson registers each home for warranty through the Tarion New Home Warranty Corporation and provides:
- Dedicated customer service personnel.
- 24-hour paging service for emergency situations.
- One year warranty on all materials and workmanship.
- Two year warranty on all matters pertaining to electrical, plumbing, heating, exterior cladding, caulking, windows, doors and the building envelope, including basement walls.
- Seven year warranty for all major structural defects.
Note: Homes by John Bruce Robinson (the Builder) has the right to make reasonable changes in the plans and specifications if required and to substitute other material for that provided for herein with material that is of equal or better quality than that provided for herein. The determination of whether or not a substitute material is of equal or better quality shall be made by the Builder, whose determination shall be final and binding. Colour, texture, appearance, etc. of features and finishes installed in the dwelling may vary from the Builder’s samples as a result of normal manufacturing and installation processes.
All standards are subject to change at any time. January 1, 2018.