Standard Features List - Detached Homes
Energy Star® and Quality Construction Features
Energy Star® qualified low maintenance vinyl clad casement and slider, Low “E” argon gas filled windows with insulated spacer.
- Energy Star® qualified gas forced air 96% high efficiency furnace, power vented to exterior.
- Ductwork sized for future installation of air conditioning system.
- Energy Star® qualified exposed ductwork sealed to increase furnace efficiency and air flow throughout home.
- Energy Star® qualified gas forced rental hot water heater/tankless, power vented to exterior.
- Energy Star® qualified rental Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV).
- Energy Star® qualified R-60 insulation in all attic and roof areas.
- Energy Star® qualified fully insulated garage including upgraded R-31 spray foam insulation on garage ceiling and over hangs with living areas above.
- Energy Star® qualified R-20 wall insulation on exterior basement walls to 6” above floor.
- Energy Star® qualified digital thermostat.
- Homes are designed to allow for cold air returns installed in all bedrooms, if possible, to create a proper flow of air throughout the home.
- Stronger foundations. 20MPA concrete with 15mm rebar at the tops of all foundation walls and heavy duty damp proofing and drainage membrane.
- ⅝” tongue and groove aspenite sub-floors, glued, nailed and screwed to joists which help minimize floor noise.
- 2”x6” exterior wall construction with R-22 wall insulation.
- ⅜” plywood sheeting on roof.
- Steel beam construction in basement.
- Copper and/or Pex and ABS plumbing. Copper pipe joined with lead free solder.
- Back flow preventers.
- Sump Pumps with sealed clear lids and alarms
- Architecturally designed for maximum curb appeal, no siding on front elevations, corner lots all brick sides and back.
- Exterior Elevations (front) all brick, brick and stone or stone and stucco
- Maintenance free vinyl siding on second story sides and back.
- Prefinished maintenance-free aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestroughs and downpipes.
- Sandstone windows with Colonial Grills in front windows.
- Covered front entries and porches.
- Paneled sectional low-maintenance steel insulated garage doors and fully insulated garage walls drywalled with one coat of tape and electrical outlet for future garage door opener.
- 30 year shingles.
- Convenient man door from garage to house complete with safety door closure, grade permitting.
- Stone engraved house number.
- Fully sodded lots (front and rear), concrete steps and precast patio slabs from front door to driveway.
- Two exterior lawn service outlets; one at rear and one in garage.
- Two waterproof electrical outlets; one at front porch and one at rear.
- Front exterior door equipped with Antique Nickel security deadbolt system.
- Fully stormed and secured window in basement as per plan.
- Two concrete slabs and, if required, concrete steps placed at rear patio door.
- 9’ ceilings on main floor with transoms above patio sliders and elongated windows to accommodate extra ceiling height (excluding bulkheads in kitchen and other areas).
- Main level staircase carpeted to second floor, consists of half wall with optional railing and optional spindles as per architectural drawings.
- California knockdown ceiling finishes throughout house including kitchen (excluding Bathrooms and select Closets).
- Two different interior 800 series triple hinged doors to choose from with Antique Nickel hardware.
- 4 ⅛” colonial style baseboards throughout home.
- 2 ¾” interior casing throughout home.
- All closets are fully-jammed and encased, with wire shelving.
- All operating windows have screens.
- All interior walls are painted with high quality latex paint in your choice of 2 colours from the 12 Builder’s standards.
- All interior doors and trim are painted with semi-gloss cool white colour.
- Wide selection of 12”x12” or 13”x13” imported ceramic tile from the Builder’s standard samples in kitchen, bathrooms and second floor laundry (as per plan) including marble floor transitions.
- Choice of 40 ounce broadloom or Berber with 9mm underpad for finished areas not covered by ceramic tile; maximum of two colour choices
- Stylish selection of standard kitchen cabinets in MDF, Oak or Maple with a wide variety of stain colours.
- Standard height cabinet doors with one bank of drawers.
- Breakfast bar and/or island as per plan.
- Double stainless steel sink with single pull out spray faucet.
- Post formed laminate countertops with Regency edge profile, in your choice of colour and finish from standard Builder’s samples.
- Exterior vented white range hood supplied in Kitchen; vented to the exterior.
- Heavy-duty wiring and receptacle for electric stove.
- All electrical receptacles in Kitchen counter are on dedicated circuits.
- Kitchen area features a complete rough-in for dishwasher hook up including electrical connection.
Bathroom and Laundry
- One piece acrylic shower and tub unit in main bathroom.
- Water saver toilets
- Pedestal sink in powder room
- White plumbing fixtures with china sink.
- Quality Moen® faucets for all tubs, showers and sinks.
- Pressure balance temperature control valves on all showers.
- Single basin laundry tub (when laundry is located on the main or second floor).
- Hot and cold shut off valves conveniently located under sinks.
- All sinks are fitted with pop up drains.
- Plate mirrors above vanity; full width x 42” high.
- Electrical, drain and water supply for clothes washing machine.
- Heavy duty electrical for clothes dryer.
- Tamper resistant plug outlets throughout home (child safety feature).
- Smoke detectors on every floor and in all bedrooms and directly connected to the electrical panel.
- Carbon monoxide/smoke detectors connected directly to the electrical panel.
- Smoke detectors with battery and strobe in each bedroom.
- 100 amp electrical service with circuit breakers and copper wiring. Electrical panel to be labelled.
- Arc Fault Circuit interrupter (AFCI) in all rooms (where applicable), Decora light switches and matching electrical outlets that are temper resistant throughout home
- Equipped with rough-in for central vacuum system to basement.
- All bathrooms are equipped with a ceiling exhaust; vented to the exterior.
- Ceiling fixtures in all Bedrooms.
- Decorative interior and exterior light fixtures installed.
- Choice of 9 outlet combination in total for telephone, television, high speed internet installed and 1 WIFI booster
- Door chime installed.
- Security alarm system roughed-in.
- Dead bolt provided on all entrance doors.
- Charley-Bar Sliding glass door safety lock installed on all patio doors.
- All windows installed with locking devise.
- Exterior light fixtures installed at each exterior door.
Homes by John Bruce Robinson registers each home for warranty through the Tarion New Home Warranty Corporation and provides:
- Dedicated customer service personnel.
- 24-hour paging service for emergency situations.
- One year warranty on all materials and workmanship.
- Two year warranty on all matters pertaining to electrical, plumbing, heating, exterior cladding, caulking, windows, doors and the building envelope, including basement walls.
- Seven year warranty for all major structural defects.
Note: Homes by John Bruce Robinson (the Builder) has the right to make reasonable changes in the plans and specifications if required and to substitute other material for that provided for herein with material that is of equal or better quality than that provided for herein. The determination of whether or not a substitute material is of equal or better quality shall be made by the Builder’s architect whose determination shall be final and binding. Colour, texture, appearance, etc. of features and finishes installed in the dwelling may vary from the Builder’s samples as a result of normal manufacturing and installation processes. All standards subject to change at anytime. E&OE January 2018.